Parents with children aged 0 to 5 years.
Providing parents with skills, knowledge and confidence to give babies and young children a healthy start in life. Everyone wants the best for their children, but with so much conflicting advice it can be hard to know what to do for the best as a parent, especially in the early years.
What the sessions cover:
- deciding what changes you want to make and set your own goals.
- how to juggle life with young children so you all get that you need.
- how to respond to children's needs without giving in to all their demands.
- positive mealtime tips for a happy family - reducing mealtime stress for everyone.
- ideas for active play to help children learn, develop and stay happy.
- food groups, food labels, portion sizes for under 5s, first foods, and snack swaps.
- understanding and managing your child's behaviour for a happier home.
- celebrate your success as a parent and planning your family’s future.
2-hour session (2.5 if family time included) per week for 8 weeks
Here’s what other parents said after the course:
‘’I thought the HENRY was really good, it was refreshing to see other parents and meeting new people on the group. It’s been lonely over lockdown, and joining this made me feel happy. I feel a lot more confident now at home, Selma has been really supportive and made me feel comfortable. She has given me some good tips and I am now working really hard with mealtimes and bedtimes.”
‘’I really like the HENRY programme, I am much more conscious with foods now, I even have started presenting food in different fun novelty ways so the children will eat it. I would recommend this to other parents, the pack you get is brilliant and has everything you need to start a fresh at home if things have gone downhill. I liked the virtual sessions, and I have now joined the family links programme, thank you!’’
“I have learnt a lot and increased my knowledge about how important it is we look after our health and we have made changes as a family. We have more family active time together, I have seen the difference in my children, they look forward to playing football or going for a walk with me. My children have become more confident and understand why we have limited takeaways.”