How to find the right childcare for you and your child
- Look at different types of early education and childcare to decide what will meet your needs.
- Find out which providers are available near to your home or work.
- Look at the provider's Ofsted grade, website and social media platforms.
- Create a short list to contact and visit.
- Contact the providers to find out if have vacancies.
- Visit several providers and ask questions in person about the childcare provided.
- All good quality providers will welcome you into their setting for you and your child to visit.
- Ask the providers questions about open times, fees/charges, food etc.
Register with your chosen provider
- Complete relevant paperwork with the provider. You may need to provide ID and your child’s Birth Certificate.
- Read all the provider's policies and procedures.
- Arrange a start date and a settling in period.
- Arrange your child attendance hours.
- If your child is eligible for government funded hours, then complete the appropriate application process on the childcarechoices website