Mental Health Support for children and young people


The NHS have information, advice and support on various mental health issues in children and young people such as:

  • Anxiety
  • Anger issues
  • Bereavement
  • Depression
  • Talking to children about feelings
  • Teen aggressions and arguments
  • Helping your child with exam stress

Visit the website here

Young Minds

Young Minds provide online advice for young people who need help:

  • to with dealing with their feelings
  • and advice due to various mental health issues
  • to reach out to mental health support services and what to expect when you do
  • to support a friend who is having mental health problems


The Kooth team are here to provide free, safe and anonymous online support and counselling. The whole team are made up of friendly and experienced individuals who want to help you.

If you are aged 11 to 18 living in Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven. We are a safe space to connect with others and get support around your mental health and emotional well-being.


Bradford and Keighley Child and Adolescent Mental Health service (CAHMS)

Our Child and Adolescent Mental Health service (CAMHS) help children and young people in the local area who may be having problems. They may be very upset or very angry, they may be behaving in unusual ways, or their family or carers, friends or teachers may be very worried about them.

  • CAMHS supports children and young people from pre-school years up to 16 years of age, (or up to 18 years of age if still in school) where there are severe and long standing concerns about emotional well-being and behaviours.
  • If you think it would help to talk to somebody at CAMHS, you (or your parent or the person who looks after you) will need to speak to someone like your doctor or your school nurse. They will then tell you what you need to do and what happens next.
  • Referrals to CAMHS are accepted from a variety of health professionals including GPs and hospital doctors (if urgent assessment required) as well as from school nurses and health visitors. The specialist CAMHS referral form is available here